Boundless Belnap's

Thursday, June 26, 2014

June...What a month!

The month started with me throwing my back out. They think it was just a bulging disc. But it was on a Saturday and I couldn't go to my Chiropractor until Monday. So Saturday and Sunday I was stuck in bed and I couldn't walk. I was in so much pain. I couldn't stand up straight when Jon would help me go to the bathroom or move me to a different room. All I could do is cry.
For 2 weeks it was visits to my chiropractor and Jon taking care of me, Fiona, house and going to work in between. It was very stressful and very hard. I felt horrible that I couldn't pick up Fiona when she would reach for me. Jon was just exhausted doing everything all by himself. We tried calling a few people to come and help but didn't have much luck. By the end of week two a family in our ward with two teenage daughters came over and cleaned our whole house and took care of Fiona so Jon could take me to the doctor. It was amazing to come home to a clean house and a happy baby. They were such a blessing.

Week 3 was to be our vacation to Lake Tahoe and Reno. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to go because of my back. I was also nervous about Fiona being in a car that long. It would be an 8 hour drive. So I continued working and stretching and trying to let myself heal. Jon continued to take care of everything else:) I was so looking forward to this trip and as we got close I realized most of our money was now gone due to doctor visits and Jon not working many hours at work. But I was determined to go even if I just laid in the car the whole time. So I called my mom and she was able to come up from Arizona to help me..she came because I never ask for help unless it's serious and she knows that, so she was up within a few days. She came on the trip with us to help me and Jon. I was grateful for the time I had with my mother and that she was able to get to know Fiona.

I will write more specifics about the trip in a different post, however I wanted to share something.

We were so nervous that my back would get worse or that Fiona would be a total pill that we got a new car seat for her. We got her new toys for when we arrived in Reno, we rented an SUV and I brought my Hydrocodine from when I had my C-Section in case I needed to be knocked out on the way home.
So we leave Saturday morning..we are not even an hour into  the trip and we are on E.T. Highway and I told Jon and my mom, who were in the front seat, that this is the worst road ever and I feel so sick. I can't lay down cuz it made me car sick. It was BAD. So Jon pulled over and I drove and he got me some food.
I drove the rest of the way! My sickness went away and my back was sore but we stopped half way so I could lay down and stretch my back. Fiona also needed a break. We got to Reno and for the next 5 days I drove everywhere and walked a ton and my back didn't get worse. If anything it improved! Fiona was such a happy little baby the WHOLE time! I couldn't believe it! If we were at the Lake and I needed a break I would lay in the grass or sit on a bench and Jon, Fiona and my mom would continue on and come back and get me. But it worked out the whole week. I was amazed at how well I felt.

I am grateful for Jon and his love and support. I am grateful that we work so well as a team. I couldn't have asked for a better partner to spend eternity with. He is truly a good man. I am grateful he holds the Priesthood and was able and is able to give me blessings when I need them. I am grateful he is such a wonderful Father and that Fiona absolutely loves him. I never saw fatherly love in my home growing up and it just makes me happy to my core to see her light up when he walks into the room. I am truly blessed to have the family that I have and that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me and watches over me. He knows the desires of my heart. He knows when my heart is broken how to heal me or who to send my way to help me get through the hard times.

This has really been the worst month ever, however it has also been the best month. We have learned a lot about relationships, love, team work and have only grown stronger as a family. I wouldn't change this month for anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bel-E-Button said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your experiences, faith and testimony. Way to go Jon for being a great Daddy and Hubby!!

June 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home