Boundless Belnap's

Monday, May 12, 2008

Back from Georgia

I never thought I would say this but I am glad to be back in Salt Lake:) I had a wonderful vacation but I missed Jon so much and I am not a fan of humidity.
Tuesday I flew into Phoenix and stayed with my mom so we could all (Mom, me and Alison) fly out together on Wednesday. I felt my throat starting to swell Tuesday night and on Wednesday I had a sore throat and sinus issues. At least Wednesday was the peak of the illness and as the vacation continued I slowly got better. I am still stuffy and tired but at least I am getting better.
The reason for the vacation was to go and support Jacob, my bother, with his graduation from OCS (Officer Candidate School). He is now a Lieutenant. The graduation was amazing! It was so neat to see all 4 companies walk into the stadium in unison and all together saying the motto and creed of the army. I got chills. I am so proud of my brother that he is serving our country and that he is so stalwart that many in his company look to him for spiritual guidance. He is truly one of my heroes.
After the graduation Jacob could leave the base and so we drove to Atlanta from Ft. Benning and stayed there the rest of the time. We did a session in the Atlanta temple and then we went to the Atlanta History Center. They had an exhibit on the Civil War and one on segregation, it was really neat. I wish I had more time there. But the whole trip was amazing and quite a spiritual experience for me. So that is my trip and here are some pics.






2 Comments:

Blogger NancyM said...

Hooray!!!! Pictures!!!! Lots of them!! I am really proud of you. I hope that you will keep them coming. You guys look great, it was good to see a picture of your mom, I kinda miss her. I wish I would have been in Phx. when you came through, so we could have seen each other. Keep in touch, love ya!!

May 13, 2008 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger April said...

Go Jacob! OO-RAH!!

May 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home